The Day Before the World Did Not End

by Amy on June 8, 2011

I love Chicago.

Chicago art institute sign at the entrance to the new modern wing

Remember that apocalypse that didn’t exactly pan out a few weeks ago? Well, on Apocalypse Eve Day, my boyfriend and I made a trip to the lakefront to visit Millennium Park and the Art Institute (one of my favorite places on the planet, by the way). It was a warm, sunny morning with bright blue skies. And out of nowhere a thick, heavy fog came rolling in off the lake and engulfed the city. It was a little creepy. I’m not going to lie.

Mandatory film geekery: Canon Elan 7e, 50mm f/1.4, Kodak Ektar 100 (my new favorite everything-but-people film!)

Colorful art installation at the modern wing of the Chicago Art Institute with a backfdrop of fog

The fog creepity-creepity-creeps through the parks and blankets the city in a rather ominous manner. Did I mention I am LOVING the new brightly colored art installation on the roof of the modern wing? Because I am.

Fog rolls in off the lake and blankets Chicago

And, well, no trip to Millennium Park is complete without a photograph of the you-know-what
The Bean sculpture in Chicago's Millennium Park on Ektar film

Comment via Facebook

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Kate Bentley June 8, 2011 at 8:54 am

Dude. I am in loooooove with that new art installation! Gorgeous images as always, Amy!!!

Amy Beth June 8, 2011 at 8:57 am

I can’t believe that’s what brides were complaining about! It’s gorgeous from the outside and when you are standing inside it, too. I’d pay extra to have that installed before my wedding. For realz.

Annie Gerber June 8, 2011 at 9:05 am

LOVE the title of this blog post! Very cool photos too….miss you guys 🙂

Amy Beth June 9, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I miss you guys, too! I can’t believe it’s been almost a week – it seems like just yesterday we were all in our little Jesh bubble 🙂

Jake Moreland June 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Amy! I love the first shot on here. Is that “chicago” sign and installation on the Art Institute building? And that fog is so creepy and awesome.

Amy Beth June 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Yep, Jake! The Chicago is part of the sign on the modern wing entrance that reads Chicago Art Institute. And the colorful thingymabobber is also on the roof of the modern wing. It was a creepy and awesome morning, indeed! 🙂

Previous post: